Prime Video is increasing its prices, what about Freebox Delta subscribers?
We announced this Tuesday that starting September 15, you’ll need to pay €6.99/month instead of €5.99/month to get all the benefits of Amazon Prime, including Prime Video and one-day delivery. But the question for Freebox Delta subscribers who benefit from premium video is whether they will suffer this increase.
In general, the price of Amazon Pime will soon increase by one euro, so the American giant has decided. “Starting September 15, 2022, the monthly Prime subscription price will increase from €5.99 to €6.99 and the annual Prime subscription price will increase from €49.00 to €69.90.”Amazon is currently informing them via email.
The new price applies to subscription renewals from this date. At the same time, the price for your monthly subscription for Amazon Prime Student members will increase by one euro from €2.99 to €3.49 or from €24.00 to €34.95 for the annual flat rate
Will Freebox Subscribers Escape This Surge?
Univers Freebox asked Free about the fate of Freebox subscribers and in particular Freebox Delta (and Delta/Pop) subscribers who benefit from Amazon Prime included in their subscription. The operator didn’t want to give us an answer, but this situation is not new since Netflix also increased the price of its basic plan and Free took over this increase without passing it on to the subscribers.
Even though we don’t have any official information at the moment, it seems very unlikely that Free will increase the price of the Freebox Delta plan and hence it should carry this increase. Logically, the increase decided by Amazon should apply to subscribers to other free boxes whose Amazon Prime subscription is not included.
According to Amazon, this change is related to the increase in Prime’s operating costs in France, the group explains: “We are focused on constantly improving the Prime program. Since the launch of Prime in France, we’ve expanded the range of products eligible for Prime Unlimited Fast Delivery, adding and expanding Fast Food Delivery, music with Amazon Music Prime, games with Prime Gaming and books with Prime. In particular, Prime Video has increased the number of Amazon Original series and films and added access to streaming the French Open tournament.”
As a reminder, Amazon Prime is included in the Freebox Delta offer and is also offered to Revolution subscribers for 6 months after activating the offer in their subscriber area. Here’s how to enjoy all the benefits of Amazon Prime without paying a dime:
- Prime: Prime Video: Thousands of popular movies and series for the whole family to watch and download.
- Amazon Music Prime: 2 million tracks across all devices, ad-free. Only available in metropolitan France.
- Shipping Benefits: Free Priority Shipping (or $0.01 per pound) and 1-business-day delivery on millions of qualifying items.
- Prime Reading: Hundreds of e-books to borrow. Novels, thrillers, comics or children’s books.
- Prime Gaming: Monthly games, exclusive content, Twitch channel subscriptions and more.
- Priority Access to Flash Sales: Priority access 30 minutes prior to the official start of eligible Flash Sales.
- Amazon Photos: Free unlimited photo storage.
- Audible: The first two audio books are free.
- Grocery shopping: Same day delivery and/or collection of daily necessities from our partners such as Monoprix and Casino.
This article is from the Univers FreeBox website