(Image credit: Adobe Stock – )
Aug 4 (Reuters) – The stocks to watch on the Paris Stock Exchange and in Europe on Thursday:
* CREDIT AGRICOLE CAGR.PA on Thursday reported better-than-expected second-quarter results on record investment banking activity as market volatility led to strong demand for hedging instruments. The appointment of two new deputy directors alongside Xavier Musca was also announced on Wednesday.
➦ Crédit Agricole SA appoints two new Deputy CEOs
➦ Crédit Agricole SA beats expectations in Q2, record activity in CIB
* SES SESFd.PA is in talks to merge with its US competitor Intelsat, the Financial Times reported on Thursday. The Luxembourg-based satellite company also announced a half-year gross operating profit on Thursday, ahead of consensus compiled by Vara Research.
* ADIDAS ADSGn.DE reported a 28% decline in operating profit in the second quarter, impacted by the suspension of operations in Russia, rising supply chain costs and health restrictions in China and the United States.
* BAYER BAYGn.DE on Thursday raised its full-year earnings guidance on strong demand for seeds and agricultural crop chemicals, as well as higher sales of consumer health products.
* LUFTHANSA LHAG.DE reported an operating result (EBIT) of 393 million euros in the April-June period thanks to its air cargo activities, but the German company announced that it will offer only about 80% passenger transport capacity in the third quarter compared to before the pandemic, which is lower than expected.
* ZALANDO ZALG.DE on Thursday reported a 58% fall in second-quarter adjusted operating income, but expected better profitability in the second half of 2022. The online fashion conglomerate is up 1.7%, according to broker Lang & Schwarz to the stock exchange.
* ING INGA.AS – The largest Dutch bank on Thursday reported better-than-expected second-quarter pre-tax profit.
* BANCO BPM BAMI.MI — Italy’s third-largest bank, whose largest shareholder is Credit Agricole, on Wednesday reported net profit of 206 million euros for the second quarter, beating the consensus of 180 million euros among analysts polled by Reuters.
* TELECOM ITALIA TLIT.MI expects a less severe decline in operating profit in 2022 than previously expected, thanks to encouraging second quarter results, supported by cost cutting and the contribution of its Brazilian subsidiary. L6N2ZF0DY
* MERCK KGAA MRCG.DE reported a 13.1% increase in adjusted profit in the second quarter, driven by sales from its laboratory equipment and semiconductor production chemicals businesses.
* LANXESS LXSG.DE – The German chemicals company on Thursday announced a higher-than-expected gross operating surplus for the second quarter, thanks to higher prices for its products.
* ADECCO ADEN.S announced a 13% increase in its quarterly sales.
* BELIEVE BLV.PA reported H1 Adjusted EBITDA of up to EUR 11.7 million and the group expects organic revenue growth of around 29% in 2022 compared to the 20% announced in May.
THE FRANCE & INTERNATIONAL 7-DAY AGENDA:
(Written by Laetitia Volga, edited by Nicolas Delame)